Sunday, October 3, 2010

Katrina neck deep in films

Katrina Kaif is busy, busy, busy. The actor, who got back from Egypt last month, after filming Zoya Akhtar’s Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, flew to Delhi right after shooting a qawwali number with Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan for Farah Khan’s Tees Maar Khan.

Now, the actor is in the Capital with co-star Imran Khan, filming a rom-com at the Pataudi Palace. What gives her this boundless energy? “You have to love being on a film set; you have to know if (the film industry) is the right place for you. Every time they call ‘action’, you have to want to give it a 100 percent. Even if you’re sick, tired, shooting for 16 hours straight and at the point of tears, you just have to find it in you and do it,” says the actor in an interview in the latest issue of Harper’s Bazaar.

Much has been written about her relationship with Salman Khan, and her recent ‘break-up’. “Whatever has been said, has been said. Beyond that, there’s my private space. I don’t want to talk about that,” says Katrina.

“Of course, we are friends. Salman will always be an extremely important person in my life, no matter what happens. He is one of the kindest souls anyone can ever have the privilege of meeting.”

She now sports washboard abs, just for the Sheela ki Jawani song sequence in Tees Maar Khan, as Farah wanted her to wear a midriff-revealing outfit. “When I was 15, I saw Britney Spears’ Satisfaction, with her wearing a small top, abs showing. I said to myself, one day, I’m going to wear something short, and I want my abs to look this good,” says Katrina.

So she trained with Mumbai-based fitness instructor Yasmin Karachiwala, and in just 18 days, transformed her body. Although, she’s admits she’s happier being just a “little curvy”, and healthier.

From growing up in Hawaii, to shifting to London with her mum and siblings (her parents are divorced), she shifted base to Mumbai, post Boom. “I felt like I was coming home. It’s been a spiritual connection, the way I’ve been accepted here. Now, when I go to London, I get homesick for India. The only thing I miss is having my sisters around; I wish my sisters had their careers in Mumbai.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...