Sunday, October 3, 2010

I love being a sex symbol

Mad Men star Christina Hendricks has stated that she loves being seen as a sex symbol.
The 35-year-old actress, who has previously been described as a "fabulous role model" for maintaining a curvy figure, told Total Film of her pleasure at being desired by men the world over without having to flaunt her sexuality.

She said: "I'm thrilled. I'd love to be thought of as that. Mad Men seems like a very masculine show but there are women who are obsessed by it. I think woman appreciate seeing female characters that aren't just one dimensional.



"I certainly don't think that more skin relates to sexiness or femininity. To me, falling out of the top of your pants is quite aggressive. It's so hardcore you feel it's almost being done to you."

Hendricks added that people are usually surprised when meeting her, as she is rarely seen as being separate from her character Joan Holloway.

"People always expect to see me in a pencil skirt! They say, 'Wait a minute, you're all 2010!' We're all very powdered and sprayed and Joan is about control - and I don't think I'm like that in real life - so I think I do come across as quite different."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...